Analytics Manager, Local Expert
Analytics Manager, Local Expert
As a global leader in travel, Expedia helps millions of people every day go places and build lifelong memories. With Expedia’s Local Expert (LX) organization, our mission is to help our customers find and have memorable experiences on their trips. We're looking for an Analytics Manager with strong technical skills and product mindset to join our LX Analytics team.
As an Analytics Manager, you will work with large data sets in the travel industry, groundbreaking technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products. This role will challenge you to understand and contribute to many aspects of development of LX business, including product innovation, test and learn, strategy, business opportunity recommendation, and problem investigation. The opportunity for you is to play a defining role in an emerging digital product category with two-sided marketplace that is rapidly growing internationally and into new adjacent segments.
The perfect candidate for this role will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, proficiency in working with large data sets, and some experience in data-driven decision-making. Real passion for analytics and product development & innovation is a prerequisite. Your primary focus will extend well beyond pulling the data and crunching the numbers. You will seek complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights.
This is a full-time position based in Expedia’s headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
What you'll do:
- You will present customer behavior insights, identify customer pain points and business opportunities to Product, Engineering, Marketing, Design, and Supply teams, and work across teams to build delightful shopping experiences for activities.
- You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, data mining, and the presentation of data with a focus on actions and driving improvement.
- You will conduct A/B test analyses and communicate experiment results in order to figure out the effectiveness of product optimization efforts.
- You will define key product metrics to monitor and understand root causes of changes in metrics.
- You will build understanding around the traveler ecosystem, capturing insights into user behaviors, and long-term trends.
- You will identify new levers to help move key product metrics.
- You will build models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems.
- You will be working with Business Intelligence tools such as Adobe Omniture and Tableau and authoring queries in Hadoop and Hive primarily.
- You will be automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework.
Who you are:
Experience & competencies:
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in data analysis and providing insights
- Experience with SQL, and R or Python
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau or QlikView
- Ability to make decisions and act faced with ambiguity, comfortable operating without explicit direction
- Willingness to exceed expectations and meaningful business goals
- Knowledge of experimentation techniques such as A/B tests
- Knowledge of modelling techniques such as linear regression, time series modelling, decision tree
- Experience with Web Analytics tool such as Omniture or Google Analytics
- Experience collaborating with teams in different time zones
- Advanced degree (M.Sc., Ph.D. preferred) in statistics, math, computer science, economics, or related quantitative field.
Who you are:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.