Analytics Manager, Lodging Product Analytics
Expedia is striving to revolutionize the way people search and book their trips. For this mission, the Lodging organization is the pioneer in changing how people around the world shop and purchase travel. We're looking for an Analytics Manager with strong technical skills and a product mindset to join our Lodging Product Analytics team. This position will team up with Lodging Partner Service (LPS) Product and Lodging Shopping Product teams to drive Vacation Rentals and multi-source inventory sales on our sites and apps, and also to deliver best rate plan competitiveness and inventory availability coverage for customers.
You will work with one of the strongest data sets in the travel industry, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products. This role will challenge you to understand and contribute to many aspects of development of Lodging business, including product innovation, test and learn, strategy, business opportunity recommendation, and problem investigation.
A real passion for analytics and product development & innovation is a prerequisite. Your primary focus will extend well beyond pulling the data and crunching the numbers. You will tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into relevant and actionable business insights. This is a full-time position based in Expedia’s headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.What You’ll Do
- You will present customer behavior insights, identify customer issues and business opportunities to the Product, Engineering, Marketing and Design teams to collaboratively build the best in class site for customers around the globe looking for a place to stay.
- You will apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, data mining, and the presentation of data with a singular goal of profit maximization and with a focus on actionable analytics.
- You will conduct A/B test design, implementation and analysis on the website in order to figure out the effectiveness of product optimization efforts.
- You will define key product metrics to monitor, and understand root causes of changes in metrics
- You will collaborate with the Product team; you will propose what to build in the next roadmap
- You will build understanding around the traveler ecosystem, capturing insights into user behaviors, and long-term trends
- You will identify new levers to help move key product metrics
- You will build models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- You will influence product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- You will communicate state of business and experiment result to product teams
- You will collaborate across Product, Marketing & Retail Analytics teams spreading standard methodologies for wide adoption
- You will work with Business Intelligence tools such as Adobe Omniture, and authoring queries in Hadoop, Hive, and Spark primarily
- You will be automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
- You have at least 3 years of hands-on experience in data analysis and providing insights.
- Experience with SQL, and R or Python
- Experience with Excel or other data manipulation tools.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau or Qlikview.
- Ability to make decisions and act when faced with ambiguity as well as being able to operate without explicit direction
- You have the willingness to exceed expectations and challenge business goals
- Knowledge of experimentation techniques such as A/B tests
- Knowledge of modelling techniques such as linear regression, time series modelling, decision tree
- Experience with Web Analytics tool such as Omniture or Google Analytics
- You are experienced at collaborating with teams in different time zones.
- Advanced degree (M.Sc., Ph.D. preferred) in statistics, math, computer science, economics, or related quantitative field.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
LPS-ARM-NAExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.