Applied Research Scientist - ATG at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
The Advanced Technology Group (ATG) at ServiceNow isa customer-focused innovation group building intelligent software and smart user experiences using existing and emerging data and AI technologies to enable end-to-end, industry leading work experiences for customers.We are a group of researchers, applied scientists, engineers and product managers with a dual mission.We build and evolve the AI platform, and partner closely with business units to build products and end-to-end AI-powered work experiences for customers.In equal measure, we lay the foundations, research, experiment and de-risk AI technologies that unlock new work experiences in the future.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work on the back-end / AI facets of complex solutions, with particular emphasis on Automatic Language Processing (NLP).
- Participate in the architecture, development, testing, deployment, operation, maintenance and improvement of tools, libraries, frameworks , platform and full stack software solutions .
- Contribute to the design, implementation and operation of user-friendly and scalable APIs and microservices around AI technologies.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of an appropriate technological platform, frameworks and deployment architecture for each problem to be solved.
- Adopt and promote continuous delivery, AI and UX foremost, iterative development (YAGNI) and other best practices and principles in SaaS.
- Solve large and complex software problems by providing innovative solutions that help the pharmaceutical industry benefit from software solutions and AI.
- Collaborate in the development of B2B products that will transform the way large companies operate by supporting them, one step at a time, towards the adoption of cutting-edge technologies.
To be successful in this role you have:
- At least 5 years of experience working on AI projects involving automatic language processing technologies .
- Open-mindedness and a desire to learn and use the best languages and technologies to solve a given problem.
- Concrete and effective approach.
- Experience and mastery of scientific programming and relevant libraries in your field: Theano, TensorFlow, NumPy, R, etc.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience in developing automated tests; work experience in a context of continuous integration.
- Experience in continuous delivery of large scale microservices based cloud solutions in a DevOps culture.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and other containerized systems, as well as associated automation tools, is considered an asset.
- Experience with version management tools like Git is considered an asset.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.