Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time.
We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford. Since launching our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017, Wyze has continued to bring new, innovative products to our users. You can learn more about Wyze and our various products at wyze.com.
What the Opportunity is:
We are looking for experienced researchers as founding members of the scientist team to convert requirements into concrete deliverables using knowledge of computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, embedded or distributed systems. An Applied Scientist at Wyze will translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept. Be comfortable with a high degree of aambiguity and ability to solve problems that haven’t been solved to scale before are essential. As a founding member, you will also contribute to build the culture of the scientist team and establish the research fundamental for the coming team members.
- Completion of Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in Computer Vision, Image recognition, robotics, machine learning, or deep learning
- Theory and practice of designing experiments and statistical analysis of results
- Experience in machine learning, algorithms, and computational complexity
- Experience implementing algorithms in computer vision using both toolkits and self-developed code
- Skills with Java, C++, R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting or programming languages
- Experience solving business problems through machine learning, data mining, and statistical algorithms
- Ph.D in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in Computer Vision, image recognition, robotics, machine learning, or deep learning
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science
- Algorithm development experience and understanding of computer vision algorithms
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Publications at conferences or journals
- Experience with deep-learning technologies or robotics
- Critical thinking skills
- Comfortable presenting your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form
- Specific computer vision skills in object detection, recognition, 3D computer vision, and/or tracking
- Experience leveraging and augmenting large code base and computer vision/machine libraries/toolkits to deliver new solutions
- Experience delivering production computer vision systems
- Experience on deep learning model compression
- Experience on embedded system and firmware development
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description