At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Associate BI Analyst will work closely with senior level decision makers and members of BI to streamline and accelerate the flow of actionable data across PitchBook. This role demands effective communication, process orientation and creativity when it comes to using data and reports that provide insight. This is an exciting opportunity for the growth-minded candidate to learn and contribute in a fast paced, rapidly growing business.
The Business Intelligence team supports rigorous and data-driven process by delivering key analytics and insights internally to every facet of the business. Our work produces tools and data to help the enterprise grow and run more efficiently, at both strategic and tactical levels. As the scope and sophistication of data applications and platforms continue to grow, so does the need for leadership and support of emerging programs and strategic business initiatives.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Answer ad hoc business questions for stakeholders, with support from BI Analytics practice, using standard data tools and processes such as SQL and Python
- Develop business requirements for BI reporting and solutions, concentrating on the business benefit, impact or change expected from the deliverable
- Assist in documenting new process, data definitions, business logic and BI tools within standard information repositories and tools
- Present findings and trends to key business stakeholders
- Assist BI team members with creation and maintenance of Tableau reports and dashboards
- Track all ad hoc and project work, providing weekly status updates in the appropriate tools and to relevant stakeholders
- Uphold and demonstrate a data-driven mindset, focused on creating and measuring impact against BI goals and stakeholder teams
- Regularly provide end-user onboarding and training for BI products and services especially as the data environment at PitchBook becomes more self-service oriented
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraged desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and project as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, preferably in a quantitative field
- 1-2 years of experience working with data within Operations, Business Intelligence, Marketing, Sales or Finance
- Ability to write and edit complex SQL to extract and manipulate data for reporting. Willingness to learn to use new tools as the job requires
- Hands-on experience with Tableau or Power BI building and supporting reports for ongoing use
- Excellent communication and organization skills with experience using tools such as Asana and source control services
- Ability to clearly interpret data across varied audiences is especially key in this role
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.