BFS Analyst at Expedia Group
The key purpose of this position is to conduct systematic research and analysis to ensure that air pricing is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible to support Expedia’s largest private label partner. This role will also enable top quality content on the sites to drive conversion and purchase success rates with a focus on customer service.
You would support and contribute to a continuous improvement environment, and would play a key role in positively representing the partner as an advocate for an excellent customer experience through the site.
What You'll Do
- Monitoring the site for problems in the air booking path
- Troubleshooting price changes and reviewing competitive air content/pricing analysis report
- Escalating discrepancies for above issues to the appropriate party
- Knowledge of air business logic to lead the database configuration for multiple points of sale
- Working with other teams within the company to resolve these air related problems
- Problem solving by reproducing scenarios, researching available data, filing bug reports, developing alternatives to bring resolution to issues
- Solving issues by utilizing internal analytical tools to track and reproduce scenarios, identify root cause and routing issues to teams for resolution
- Work with Program Managers to reproduce reported problems, and to suggest improvements to the site
Who You Are
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with attention to details
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with strong customer focus
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse group as well as independently
- Ability to self-motivate and take initiative
- SQL knowledge is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the low-cost airline model
- Knowledge of airline fare construction principles (both domestically and internationally)
- Ability to multi-task and keep up with a dynamic environment
- Degree preferred
Work Experience and Education Guidelines
- GDS knowledge
- Worldspan and/or Sabre - native mode preferred
- Proven business experience within the travel industry required
- Fare construction knowledge and experience - domestic and international
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.