Valant is the technology leader in the behavioral health industry serving both private practices and publicly-funded health & human services agencies. Thousands of organizations across all 50 states rely on Valant’s outcomes-based, cloud solutions to tame complexity, decrease costs and manage ever-changing compliance requirements.
Our mission is to use great technology to exponentially scale the availability of high-quality healthcare for everyone. We are a post-revenue, well-funded Seattle company looking to add more enthusiastic, passionate individuals to be a part of the next industry transformation.
An ideal candidate for this role has a passion for leveraging technology to enable customers to perform their jobs more effectively and efficiently. You are data driven and are good at solving complex data, usability, and scalability problems. You possess a unique blend of technical, business, teamwork and customer-facing skills. You are a continual learner striving to leverage new technologies, ideas and concepts to solve complex challenges for our business and our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Solve complex Business Intelligence (BI) problems through a cloud-architected healthcare platform application.
- Design/Build/Test various BI artifacts based off customer demand (data structures/queries/reports/dashboards).
- As an owner of our BI solution, work closely with product stakeholders, analyze customer needs and understand market opportunities to provide input into the evolution of our BI offering.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience working on customer facing Business Intelligence projects that include large, complex, data driven products.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience using an enterprise class BI infrastructure (SQL Server/SSRS, Power BI, Tableau, Jaspersoft, Domo).
- Minimum 5 years working with a querying language (TSQL, SQL, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions).
- Minimum 5 years working with a common programming language (c#, Java, Python, PHP).
- Minimum 5 years of experience with an agile software development process (Scrum, Lean, Kanban).
- Strong understanding of BI best practices, data warehouses, data structures, performant query structures, and data visualization design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent organizational and task management skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills and development processes.
- Healthcare domain knowledge is a plus (knowledge of, or direct experience with electronic health records is an extra plus).
- Background or interest in data science techniques a plus.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package (with bonus plan), including 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums.
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- 401k and Company Stock Options
- Tax Saving FSA Plans
- Company-paid ORCA Pass
- Casual work environment in a convenient downtown Seattle location.
- The chance to drive an important industry forward through next-generation technology.