Brand Analytics Data Scientist II
ExpediaBrand Analytics Data Scientist II
We are looking for a business facing Data Scientist to join our Brand marketing measurement function. You will deliver optimization and ROAS measurement tools for the Global Brand Marketing (GBM) team at Expedia.
We structure problems, extract and analyze data and present the findings to our internal clients. In addition, our analysts handle the communication and relationships with internal customers across Expedia Worldwide. We are an award-winning team of analysts resolved to push the boundaries of analytics and embrace new technologies. The Analytics and Revenue Management team is essential to the company’s mission of becoming the world’s most intelligent travel marketplace.
Do you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world? If so, this is the job for you!What you will do:
- Develop methodologies and tools to optimize our existing Brand marketing performance, actively identify use-cases to apply data science techniques
- Enhance and automate our existing ROAS methodologies for TV and other media, both online and offline
- Work directly with internal engineering and external vendor resources where appropriate to ensure optimization findings are scalable and repeatable
- Interact directly with multiple departments across the organization. Identify key analytical opportunities that deliver valuable business insight
- You have at least 4-5 years’ experience in a data science role, preferably in a marketing measurement context
- You have a deep understanding of advanced statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques and have frequently applied these to drive business value
- You have a high level of proficiency in building data science tools in either R or Python, especially with large data sets. Experience working directly within or alongside engineering teams is highly desirable
- You have knowledge of and real passion for Big Data. Experience with SQL & Hadoop required. Experience with unstructured data is highly preferred
- You have demonstrated the ability to work through complex business problems, identify opportunities to apply data science techniques, and partner with internal clients with a consultative approach
- You have well-rounded commercial knowledge covering product and marketing. Experience of ecommerce strongly preferred
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
LPS-ARM-NAExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.