Business Analyst - Canada at Rover
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:14 p.m. (PST) on Thursday, November 14, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
For Business Analysts at Rover, there is no such thing as a boring day. They eagerly flex between supporting the quantitative needs of one specific business unit (Marketing, Finance, Supply, Operations, etc.) and working cross functionally to tackle more complex problems such as acquisition and retention forecasting, ROI analyses, supply/demand equilibrium monitoring, and capacity planning. They are also a source of support and mentorship for colleagues across the organization as they hone their their own analytical skills. Business Analysts dig deep into huge sets of customer, sitter, and market-level data, then emerge with clear business narratives and recommendations.
We are specifically looking for a Business Analyst to support our growing International business. The analyst will be an integral part of the team, working across a wide variety of business problems and supporting decision making and business rhythms with accurate data and guided analysis.
Why we’ll hire you:
- You are scary good with data. You look at charts, furrow your eyebrows, and observe that something doesn’t seem quite right. Others see trends; you see outliers.
- You examine and question data insights and don’t take anything at face value. You understand that strong analytical recommendations require an intricate knowledge of both the data sources you are working with, and the broader business context.
- You have deep empathy for the business owners you will support. You understand at a cellular level that people have jobs to do and decisions to make, and it is your job to help them do that in as data-driven a way as possible.
- You get excited about data hygiene. You work relentlessly to ensure clean, accurate data to inform the early stages of product launches, and work to ensure strategic business decisions are made off of the right information.
- You are a thought partner for business owners. You always strive to answer the question behind the question and distill the underlying need to analyze data.
- You thrive in the dynamic, ambiguous environment of a startup within a hyper-growth startup. You are comfortable wearing a variety of hats, unblock blockers, take initiative, and move things forward despite the real world of imperfect information.
- You show a pattern of being self-started, self-taught, and self-directed. You are your own QA team, producing quality analysis and creating novel ways to ensure accuracy.
- You are passionate about designing and measuring tests. You are able to transform an ambiguous idea into a thoughtful, detailed hypothesis test that will inform future strategies.
Your toolset includes:
- SQL, you are fluent and would feel confident leading a SQL 101 course.
- Python and/or R a plus.
- Periscope, Tableau, Looker, or similar data visualization tools.
- Fundamentals of hypothesis testing: experiment design, data sufficiency and statistical power, A/B testing, understanding of meta-significance, etc.
- 3+ years of experience working cross-functionally with real-world, complex datasets.
- BS/MS in a business or quantitative field: Economics, Business, Math, Statistics - the main thing is you have learned how to think analytically.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically, you know how to narrate analytical results to business stakeholders and executives in a useful, concise, and actionable way.
- Experience working with data infrastructure / engineering teams to assist with recommendations for organizing data into performant tables.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description