Business Analyst at RealSelf
About the Role:
We are seeking an individual to address business questions with analysis, providing strategic insights and recommendations to stakeholders throughout the company. As a small, fast-moving team, we’re looking for someone who’s eager to solve whatever challenge is thrown at them and have significant impact on the organization.
Business Analysts perform ad-hoc analyses, create automated reporting as well as present findings to a wide audience. They are passionate about understanding our consumers’ and providers’ behavior, and have a “whatever it takes” mentality to get the job done, using their analytical expertise and quantitative reasoning to help accelerate our growth. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to build their analytics skills while working cross-functionally with many areas of the business.
In this role you will:
- Identify trends and themes in the data to surface to the executive team while partnering with the Data Science Director and Team Lead
- Work with a business team to support and report on progress against the team’s objectives while answering questions as the quantitative expert
- Perform analysis and identification of the root cause of key business issues
- Create tools to support the access and use of data for reporting purposes across the organization
- Build dashboards and charts to be shared with the core leadership team
- Provide written and oral summaries of your findings and recommendations and present them to key business stakeholders.
You love turning quantitative measurements into business change and making an immediate impact in a fast-growing organization. This team is collaborative, bold, fast-moving, and tons of fun. Don’t think you fully fit the bill? Apply anyway! Internally, we’re in the business of building leaders.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- BA/BS in business or a quantitative field: Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, etc.
- 1+ years in an analytics role
- Basic knowledge of SQL, intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to tell a story using data, analyzing trends and explaining business impact, delivered appropriately to all levels of an organization
- Able to learn quickly, navigate through ambiguity, and demonstrate logical and structured thinking
- Highly analytical and confident mindset -- you’re curious, quantitative, and meticulous
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools is a plus
Not anticipated for this role
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
Telecommute option dependent on job function at discretion of the manager.
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.