Business Analyst at Coupang (Seattle, WA)
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
The Coupang Media Group (CMG) is the advertising platform team within Coupang. We are a globally distributed team focused on delivering advertising solutions for those that sell products on our platform. This includes display, search, performance, branding and video ads offerings.
The CMG Business Analytics team’s mission is to define sales growth strategies by creating and performing sales analysis to identify new revenue streams, increase advertising market share and analyze KPI’s to measure sales productivity. The team is responsible for driving growth in numerous sales initiatives across Display, Product (Search), Brand Ads, and Video Ads.
As a Business Analyst at CMG, you will be responsible for:
- Building out key metrics and executive reports, from requirements gathering through ETL coding and report / dashboard creation.
- Developing and testing monetization models and providing simulations of the possible impact on revenue.
The role is expected to collaborate with Product, Marketing & Engineering teams across the organization.
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Analyst, Business Intelligence (BI) engineer, or Analytics Engineer
- Excellent SQL skills (preferably R or Python)
- Data visualization (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, Looker, Power BI)
- Hands-on experience using Presto, Hive, or Spark
- Working knowledge of Airflow and Python or similar tools
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously for multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced organization
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Bachelors’ degree in a quantitative field
- Previous experience in AdTech / Advertising (search, display, branding, retargeting, social, streaming video…), Digital Marketing, Agency, or related domains.
- Korean proficiency