Business Data Analyst at Cascade Public Media (Seattle, WA)
As the Business Data Analyst, you will create and maintain org-wide and departmental dashboards. You will ensure teams have access to self-service visualization and reporting tools as well as oversee maintenance of data governance principles within BI platform. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders on key business initiatives and manages on-going data projects. Demonstrates CPM’s values of integrity, community, innovation and diversity.
Salary Range: $70,500-$80,000 annually
Benefits information can be found here
Seattle, hybrid schedule available, must reside in WA State
Proof of vaccination required for employment
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
- Serves as product owner of CPM’s online data visualization solution, providing access, training, support, governance and end-to-end dashboard builds.
- Builds and maintains dashboards using Tableau.
- Conducts needs assessment with internal teams throughout the organization; audit reporting, iterate on report and dashboard builds, address reporting pain-points.
- Does data wrangling in Snowflake.
- Maintains knowledge of audience trends in the media landscape, specifically trends around broadcast, video streaming habits, device use and PBS viewer behavior.
- Experiments and performs tracking for projects and campaigns across the organization.
- Delivers occasional analysis related to Omni-channel audience performance, trends, and KPIs, both graphically (dashboards) and verbally (presentations), including delivery of clear, relevant and actionable insights — and in the form of data storytelling.
- Collaborates with Digital Marketing, Audience Engagement, CRM Data, Digital Product and Technology and Philanthropy teams to maintain an aligned strategy for digital conversion and tracking across channels and platforms.
- Works across the organization on adhoc data & research requests.
- Interacts and works with external consultants on data discovery and implementation of data infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other team members to foster a positive and productive culture and contribute toward the overall growth of the CPM.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Strong data analysis and data storytelling skills.
- Strong data visualization skills, specifically Tableau.
- Familiarity with cloud computing.
- Strong SQL skills & understanding of modern Cloud data platforms and architecture is required.
- Familiarity with PM software like Jira is preferred.
- Ability to project manage business intelligence projects; conduct needs assessment, UAT, stakeholder communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience delivering presentations to stakeholders is desirable.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and ad hoc requests.
- Strong independent thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to incorporate and synthesize feedback across the business to create Functional and Technical Specification Documents.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and able to deliver insights in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of experience analyzing web, social media, advertising or digital marketing data.
- Experience using audience measurement and performance tools, such as Nielsen, Google Analytics, Quant cast, parse.ly.
- Strong SQL skills with experience in one or more programming languages like Python.
- Experience building complex dashboards on data visualization platforms such as Tableau.
- Experience working with cross functional teams internal and external.
- Experience working with Offshore/Near Shore external teams is desirable.
- Some experience with predictive modeling is preferred.
- Ability to regularly type on a keyboard.
- Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.