Business Intelligence Analyst
HELP US MAKE HISTORY. Millions trust Leafly to help them find unbiased information about nearby strains and dispensaries, discover new cannabis brands and products, and to stay up-to-date on the latest cannabis information. Leafly started as an excel spreadsheet and has since grown to become the largest cannabis information resource in the world. We are expanding rapidly, and we are looking for smart, forward-thinking leaders to help us achieve our goal of shaping the global cannabis landscape.
A career at Leafly combines the excitement of a start-up, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are very competitive, the office perks are excellent, and we promise that you will never be bored. If you have what it takes, you will be joining a global network of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
We are currently searching for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Leafly team. The Business Intelligence Analyst partners with internal business units to address strategic and operational questions facing the business. We are looking for someone who enjoys the technical aspects of coding, data analysis, solving complex problems, and data advocacy to solve exciting business problems, as well as interacting with our staff and senior leaders to drive business results. In this position you will design queries to extract data from large database systems, and analyze this data to assist cross-functional business teams in deciphering our complex marketplace to help our customers succeed.
What We Are Looking For:
- Passion for turning data into data models that help others unlock insights
- The ability to identify unreasonable results and a well-tuned sense of skepticism
- Attention to detail and commitment to high-quality results-oriented output
- Solid analysis and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and impeccable work ethic
- Ability to easily adapt to frequently changing priorities and fast paced environment
- Self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a positive attitude
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Partnering with our business teams to identify and drive strategic and operational improvements that deliver sustainable lift
- Reviewing business unit’s performance, advising on areas of opportunity, and analyzing A/B testing and other experimental data to measure the impact of new and existing initiatives
- Developing and testing hypotheses to explain both macro and micro trends and opportunities
- Measure effectiveness of recommendations and perform analytical deep-dives to resolve problems or identify opportunities
- Continually design, test, and deploy new reports - all with the goal of providing a state-of-the-art reporting environment to service the needs of our full range of end users
- Participate in engaging with teams to provide the most accurate and relevant information to help drive meaningful business decisions
- Create descriptive and / or predictive models to directly support thought leadership and brand education. Assess and confirm performance of visualizations, models and analysis
- Ongoing evaluation of available structured and unstructured data sets. Perform advanced analytics from a variety of data sources (Google Analytics, Big Query, PostgresSQL, Salesforce)
- 4-year degree in numerical or analytical field (Engineering, Math, Economics, Commerce, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience analyzing data in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Proficiency at SQL Query development (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres, Google Big Query, Amazon Redshift)
- Experience with Tableau, Qlik, Looker, PowerBI, or other data visualization tools
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, SPSS, SAS, or MATLAB etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with advanced knowledge of Excel (including Pivot Tables and VLookup)
- Web and marketing analytics skills (e.g, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) are preferred.
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description