Business Intelligence Analyst
Business intelligence analysts use data to figure out market and business trends for companies to increase profits and efficiency. They may work directly for a company or as a consultant. Business intelligence analysts gather this data through a number of ways, from mining a company's computer data through software, looking at competitor data and industry trends to help develop a picture of where the company stands in the industry, where they can improve and where they can reduce costs.
Business intelligence analysts spend most of their time analyzing data. Past trends, current conditions, etc. They able to look at large chunks of data and understand trends, and then communicate those trends to the company. In addition to the data, this Business Intelligence Analyst will be required to review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. The BI Analyst will also document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business intelligence strategies.
- Develop metrics and reports to manage business performance across the entire organization.
- Ingest business requests for BI, creating meaningful requirements and delivering business reports
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Determine operational BI objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Develop performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior directors and leadership team in order to drive and manage the business
- Build models and trending analysis to support strategy development in multiple formats and tools
- Drive analytics projects to provide deep insights into business performance and go-forward strategy implications
- Coordinate across Apptio to share programs and best-practices as well as participate on any pan-corporation programs as needed
- Assist with analytical projects focused on deep insights that enable business planning decisions
- Maintain documentations for all business intelligence processes
- 5+ years of experience in the areas of finance, business management, sales planning/strategy and/or sales operations in mid-to-large scale global sales organization
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience using BI tools
- Effective Excel experience and the ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Exhibits sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership and leading data-driven analyses to support and grow a business.
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be beneficial
- Self-motivated, action-oriented, multi-tasking individual with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
- Effective verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Motivated self-starter who is proactive and action-oriented
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization that can scale quickly
- Extremely detail oriented and driven with focus on accuracy as well as understanding
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.