Business Intelligence Analyst at Trupanion
Trupanion is hiring a BI Analyst to join our Pet Acquisition Analytics team! We need passionate BI analysts who have the ability to creatively come up with data-focused solutions to problems, mine data sources, produce deep-dive analysis, and communicate the results. Successful candidates will have an unflagging curiosity and strong business acumen, and share our joint passions of data & pets. This role will work very closely with cross-functional business stakeholders, engineers, actuaries to understand and measure business performance and deliver insights that will impact the success of Trupanion partnerships.
Candidates for this position have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the US, or out of our Seattle office, depending on their preference.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Understand & translate data into recommended actions.
- Provide timely insights to support decisions that will shape partnership strategies.
- Provide performance reporting of results against the organization's KPI's, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Build and augment analytical capabilities in marketing, contact strategies, segmentation, lifetime value, attribution, and acquisition leveraging lessons learned and best practices.
- Develop ad hoc analyses from start to finish: conceptualization, data gathering, analysis, presentation, and monitoring.
- Foster effective working relationships with key internal business partners across the organization to create an environment of knowledge sharing.
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, or another quantitative field.
- 2-3 years proven track record with BI and Data Visualizations
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Expert level in advanced Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Intermediate python skills is a plus
- Data visualization experience using Tableau or Power BI
- Passion for collaborating with team members across the company
- Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of business metrics
- Flexibility to work independently and in a team-based environment
- Highly driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off and 9 paid float holidays (you can decide which days are most important to you!)
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly, and fun office environment
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Seattle Office Amenities: Free on-site gym, free dog walking services for office pets during business hours, free parking, and paid ORCA cards.
We're all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We're focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/Trupanion/videos/10155423763702974/
We're more than insurance - we're a tech company too! Learn more about how you can use Trupanion to pay your vet directly here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWZ4KHiPTQ
Trupanion Team DNA:
At Trupanion, we achieve great things together when we are:
- Caring: We are kind to each other and assume positive intent.
- Collaborative: We work together to achieve company goals (we not me).
- Courageous: We are determined, take risks, and make bold moves.
- Curious: We seek new information to continually better ourselves and our work.
- Honest: We believe candid communication leads to successful teamwork.
- Inclusive: We welcome and value all people and perspectives.
- Nimble: We readily adapt and evolve in pursuit of progress and innovation.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.