Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
The Business Intelligence Engineer role will be responsible for creating the proper data modeling necessary to facilitate reporting, analytics, and predictive modeling for key stakeholders. If you enjoy working at the intersection of data science and data engineering and achieving highly impactful outcomes through cross-functional collaboration, this role is for you.
- Understand data needs by interfacing with fellow data scientists and business partners.
- Architect, build, and launch efficient & reliable new data models and pipelines in partnership with Data Engineering
- Build out comprehensive metrics and dimensions to measure operational health and enable analysis and predictive modeling.
- Design and develop dashboards to enable self-serve data consumption
- Become a data expert in your business domain, develop deep understanding of how your data interacts with the rest of the business, and own data quality
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2-7+ years of relevant work experience
- Passion for high data quality and scaling/automating data science work
- Demonstrated leadership in data warehousing concepts
- Experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Strong skills in SQL and experience with ETL frameworks (i.e. Airflow, dbt).
- Ability to perform basic statistical analysis to inform business decisions
- Ability to turn complex problems into simple solutions
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize a constantly evolving workload.
Nice to haves:
- Experience other data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau)
- Proficient with Python or other relevant scripting language
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!