Business Intelligence Engineer II at Expedia Group
Business Intelligence Engineer/ Data Engineer (Partner Marketing)
At Expedia Group, the data landscape is defined by complexity. As a lodging marketplace, we connect customers with our millions of hotel partners; displaying a multitude of rates, promotions and content to facilitate the best possible purchase decisions. All of this results in an abundance of data ready to be transformed and interpreted into something meaningful. At Expedia Group we have a large Analytics function focused on delivering these insights, within which the Business Intelligence team has a critical role to play.
The Business Intelligence team is focused on building reliable data structures, analytical tools, and process automation applications to support our Partner Marketing group as they become more scientific and efficient in engagement with our hotel suppliers. As engineers are directly integrated with the business analyst and data scientist communities across the organization, the team shares in the ownership of key projects and deliverables. Working with platform teams, we utilize advanced technology to optimize a complex Big Data ecosystem and enable better accessibility to data. As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will serve as an expert in our systems and processes and be positioned to provide guidance to various teams to ensure that deliverables exceed expectations.What You’ll Do:
- Serve as an expert on Expedia’s datamarts/warehouses – with a deep understanding of the architecture and how to map and consolidate information across various sources
- Be creative by developing automated solutions and improving existing features for business process efficiency
- Be ready and willing to go extra miles for business needs.
- Run ad-hoc reports for financial modeling, business intelligence, and project level data analysis
- Build and maintain business intelligence reports and dashboards
- Administrate reporting databases and delivery systems to support the ongoing reporting operations
- Create monitoring tools to track the quality and performance of solutions
- Work with global teams, including database developers, product managers and business partners to construct appropriate BI framework for projects/programs
- Work with other developers to maintain and enhance our custom-built applications which will encompass both database and user interface modules
- Do you have good experience working with AWS cloud-based services: S3, EC2, RDS?
- Have you been working with Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, Qubole, Snowflake?
- Do you love working with Marketing data, Google Analytics, Facebook APIs etc…?
- Are you familiar with building APIs and authentications services?
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a developer in a Business Intelligence/data mining/report writing role. Solid foundation in SQL, particularly Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions
- Possess strong scripting skills to perform data/file manipulation
- Solid background in Data Warehousing and Business Analytics environment
- You have ability to read and interpret data schemas as well as develop reporting and visualizations
- You have excellent problem solving skills with experience identifying and solving data quality issues
- You are flexible and motivated working in a dynamic environment
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Experience with data mining methodologies and statistical methods
- Ability to logically translate and disseminate analytical insights to non-analytical business partners
- You have strong emphasis on testing, validating and overall data quality
- A MS/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred. Additional education in business or statistics a plus
- Exposure to Web Analytics such as standard Clickstream analysis tools (e.g. Omniture) and Multivariate test software a plus
- Experience with Tableau, SAS, SPSS or similar a plus
- Experience with Hadoop development a plus
- Travel industry and/or e-Commerce experience a plus
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-BSTEWARDExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.