Business Intelligence Engineer, Risk Architecture at Expedia Group
Are you a high performing data analytics professional with an eye for detail looking for your next challenge in detecting and mitigating emerging eCommerce fraud threats?
Are you an expert in SQL,expereinced developing complex queries for large scale data, AND you have a highly analytical side that you use to concisely present analytics to Stakeholders?
If you answered yes, Expedia Group's eCommerce Data Science team is looking for your unique mix of talent to join our team.
The eCommerce group is accountable for managing financial risk for all of our brands, and this position is critical in accomplishing that goal.
What you’ll do:
- You will work as a part of the Data Science group with Risk Product and Operations teams to analyze large amounts of data, identify trends and key variances, provide detailed reporting and data-based assessments, and take action to mitigate the threats.
- You will maintain an appropriate balance between risk and control, collaborate with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Risk Operations and Business Units to detect, analyze, and remediate financial fraud.
- You will develop and maintain best practices and policies to monitor and manage our strategies to detect and mitigate fraud risk within the enterprise.
- You will provide input into long term strategic development of fraud detection strategies.
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative and technical discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
- You have 5 or more years of experience in a data analytics role working with large scale data warehouses.
- You have strong problem solving and organizational skills. You are able to step into complexity, simplify it and solve it.
- You are very fluent with SQL and are capable of developing and maintaining complex queries.
- You can quickly sift through unstructured data, automate tasks and develop algorithms using a scripting language such as Python.
- You are able to effectively explain analysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into a clear business plan; you prioritize effectively and stay in lock step with pace of business.
- You have basic understanding of machine learning systems and relevant performance metrics.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.