Business Intelligence Engineer
About the Role:
Do you have a passion for building efficient and scalable systems and processes for taking raw data from production systems and massaging it into curated datasets for business use? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Business Intelligence team at RealSelf is responsible for incorporating data from production systems and third parties into our data warehouse, transforming that data to prepare it for downstream use, and developing the reporting product using that data. We also do some software development, providing tools to internal users for interacting with the BI platform.
We’re looking for a highly skilled individual to develop and support this stack, empowering business users to self-serve reporting and analysis. We’re a small, fast-moving team, so you have the opportunity to make a real, immediate, and lasting impact on a fast-growing business.
In this role you will:
- Work as part of the BI team to maintain and develop all components of the BI platform.
- Establish and grow subject matter expertise in at least one component.
- Collaborate with analysts to develop requirements and implement solutions aligned with team design tenets.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the processes used and the content produced by the BI platform.
...you love turning quantitative measurements into business change and making an immediate impact in a fast-growing organization. This team is collaborative, bold, dynamic, and lots of fun. Below are some of the qualifications we’d love for you to have. Don’t think you fully fit the bill? Apply anyways. Internally, we’re in the business of building leaders.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Math, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics)
- Learn quickly, navigate through ambiguity, and demonstrate logical and structured thinking.
- Effortlessly translate between business and technical speak
- Experience with at least one of the following, and a willingness to learn the others: Python, SQL, Dimensional Modeling, Google Tag Manager
Travel: Travel is not anticipated for this role.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.