Business Process Analyst, Quality and Compliance at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:07 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, March 25, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the team:
Quality and Compliance is critical to Convoy's success and it plays a role in every Convoy operational team. The Q&C team’s role is to maintain and foster a high quality network of thousands of trucking companies, and to mitigate risk to Convoy and its customers. We provide analysis, research and guidance for Convoy as it expands into new geographies, services, and equipment types, and as trucking regulations change. The team is composed of people from diverse backgrounds and ways of thinking, pulling from the transportation industry, software and retail. We hire people who fit the attributes and values that we hold in high regard such as creative problem solving, outcome orientation, customer service, humility, and great communication.
As a Business Process Analyst for the Quality and Compliance team, you are proficient at digging into data to develop actionable insights and strategy recommendations. You strive to understand details behind the data by leveraging necessary internal and external stakeholders to develop anecdotes to support your insights. Additionally, you enjoy presenting your findings to cross functional audiences to drive wide ranging improvements.
- Provide, communicate, and implement strategies to address inefficiencies, changes in network performance, and newly launched Convoy programs.
- Recommend process improvements which allow Convoy to more deeply understand and increase the performance, safety, and risk of shipments in the Convoy network.
- Develop actionable insights that will be used to develop programs and processes to meet the needs and expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide operational insights to achieve and exceed key result measurements.
- Drive conversations and initiatives with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Execute projects and tasks efficiently, balancing urgency and thoroughness
- Be a subject matter expert, troubleshooting process and technical problems, providing hands-on support for high priority or high risk tasks, and partnering on new opportunities.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity due to the ever changing nature of this role and the breadth of the area of focus.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline, such as business, supply chain, information management, math, or economics.
- 1-3 years professional / business experience in analytics or consulting
- Proven history of successfully implementing and executing business ideas and opportunities.
- Desire to create new and refine existing processes.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with keen attention to detail
- Moderate to advanced SQL proficiency.
- Strong critical thinking abilities to draw sound conclusions from information and various data sources.
- Strong experience building business cases using Microsoft Word and/or Powerpoint (or similar software).
- Scrappiness - we are looking for candidates who can hustle and improvise solutions, excelling in a fast paced and ever changing work environment.
- Developed organizational skills and ability to manage many different priorities at once.
- Six Sigma or other process or supply chain certifications are a plus.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!