Change Management Business Analyst at EagleView
Eagleview is aggressively executing multiple plans to accelerate our transformation into a company with a culture of continuous improvement. This individual will play a key and visible role in leading high impact and continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that objectives are met on time and on budget. This person will focus on changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles, and organizational structures. This individual must also be naturally curious, a problem solver, and communicative.
As a member of the Business Applications team at Eagleview, you will help "engineer" the people side of changes introduced by some of our company's most complex and critical initiatives. You will join a dynamic, creative, results-oriented, and entrepreneurial team that leads sophisticated, cross-functional efforts to position the company for continued high growth.
• Lead components on diagnostic and design efforts in a business/functional area; coach teams through pilot and implementation
• Support the design, development, delivery and management of a comprehensive change program (plans, processes, tools, techniques, etc.) that foster organizational effectiveness
• Develop, socialize, and utilize metrics that enable continuous improvement
• Build relationships and deliver results for diverse groups including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Customer Success, IT, HR, etc.
• Coach leaders to manage resistance to change with confidence and support development of compelling stories to illustrate the need for change
• Coach midlevel managers in key areas such as customer experience, process management, coaching/feedback, change management and execution of the continuous improvement management system
• Establish effective relationships with key stakeholders to influence change
• Develop and execute strategies to build and increase leadership support for change
• A minimum of 5 years in program, project management, process improvement and/or consulting experience in a complex environment and/or prior leadership/people management
• Experience in business roles where change management is a vital component
• Experience with managing complex, integrated business change projects
• Ability to see connections and systems across process, including the ability to understand change impacts across current and future state
• Strong project management orientation
• Experience and expertise across end-to-end business cycles
• Demonstrable track record in managing and influencing improvement in unit(s)
• Strong communication skills; including the ability to create effective and persuasive communication materials, convey technical and business concepts verbally and in writing and to listen actively and facilitate in small group settings
• Solid understanding of enterprise systems such as Salesforce, NetSuite and associated systems
• Create enthusiasm and drive engagement for process improvement and motivate team members to achieve results
Personal Traits & Values
• Intellectual Honesty: you always seek the truth, present all facts in an unbiased manner, and do not allow your personal beliefs to skew your recommendations.
• Systems Thinking: you can view data and an organization from a broad perspective; able to see the overall structure, patterns, and how they interact and influence each other.
• Creative: you think outside the box; you can do more with less; you are resourceful and responsible for the pursuit of business objectives.
• Curious: you are intellectually curious; beyond your role in answering others' data questions, you are constantly asking your own "what if's" and "why's" and relentlessly seek answers to those questions.
• Strong Work Ethic: you thrive in a fast-paced environment, never settle for the bare minimum and always uphold the values and goals of your organization.
• Competitive: you have a strong desire to succeed and are willing to put in the necessary work to achieve your goals and the goals of the organization.
• Relentless: you are determined and focused. You do not give up and work through challenges until you reach a solution.
• Detail Oriented: You are thorough, organized, and productive. You pay attention to the details and rarely let things slip through the cracks.
• Integrity: You don't cut corners ethically and are fully invested in doing the right thing at all times. You are accountable, keep your word and are trusted by your colleagues.