Chargeback Analyst at Expedia Group
Who we are
We are an extraordinary team of analysts focused on the manual review of potential fraud chargebacks. We review these chargebacks to figure out the risk involved with the transactions with a goal of preventing chargeback losses. We are looking for new members of our chargeback team to help in the defense against fraud. Chargeback Analysts are primarily responsible for reviewing individual disputes and making decisions based on the information available. We are a team that values varied strengths and recognize the importance of individual contributions.
Who You are
Are you someone who enjoys fitting the pieces of a puzzle together so that you can see the whole picture? Do you have a background in research or investigation? Does the prospect of a constantly evolving job with multiple avenues of approach sound appealing? Are you an individual who has detail-oriented approach to life and a desire to continue learning and improving? If this sounds like you then the Chargeback Analyst job may be right up your alley.
What you will do:
- You will assist the team in identifying fraud, providing a benefit to both the company and our customers.
- Work independently of other analysts while still chipping in to the overall goals of the team and department.
- You will provide an in-depth analysis of chargebacks in order to evaluate the fraud risk involved
- We want someone to assist with special projects both inside and outside the queue when required
- You will assist in identification and reporting of bugs or issues impacting the team
- Research transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and chargebacks to known fraudulent activity
- You May execute standard SQL database queries to retrieve data and produce standardized reports
- May analyze or assist with analysis of acquired data and reports to identify new fraudulent activity
- Continue to grow in skill and understanding of current fraud trends
- May assist with or perform special projects in a timely manner, as requested
- Maintains or exceeds required performance standards
- Potential outreach with customers, banks, vendors, airlines, and internal business partners to determine the best way to minimize chargeback losses
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation and results-oriented approach
- The ability to self-motivate and strive for improvement both in yourself and those around you.
- We are seeking someone with a proven customer service, organizational, and analytical skills
- Confidence in making instinctual decisions with little or no supervision
- Strong internet research, Microsoft Office, and overall PC skills; SQL experience is an added benefit
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
1+ year customer service experience preferred; call center, airline or travel agency experience a plus; previous risk analysis experience is preferred.
We are committed to building an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or ageExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.