Clinical Data Engineer - Modeling, BI & ETL Focus
Navigating Cancer is the pioneer in patient relationship management software and services for cancer care. The company has developed the first patient-centered oncology platform that improves the care delivery model for patients, providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers and payers. By putting patients at the center of their care, providers become economically viable in value-based payment models, payers and at-risk providers reduce the total cost of cancer care, and pharmaceutical manufacturers improve medication adherence for their life-saving treatments. Most importantly, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and preferences.
The company is backed by industry-leading patient satisfaction ratings and currently supports over a million patients, thousands of care providers, dozens of pharmaceutical manufacturers, and several payer models nationwide to lower costs, improve patient satisfaction, and drive better outcomes.
As our Clinical Data Engineer, your primary role is to support key analytic and business intelligence across the company. You will be responsible for responsible for developing and implementing data models for multiple data platforms including but not limited to relational databases, big data etc. Collaborating closely with peers in the Product, Engineering & Data Sciences team, you will also be at the forefront of utilizing data from a variety of sources in and outside of the data warehouse, developing insightful conclusions through descriptive analysis, and effectively communicating findings to colleagues and business partners. There will be a strong focus on supporting the development of standard metrics as well as producing recurring and ad hoc reports. You will be a key part of the company’s script for collecting, analyzing, creating visualizations and storytelling using clinical data. Your work will improve the efficiency of care delivery and have a positive impact on existing Oncology Care Models.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Participate in discussions with business and technical teams about consolidation of business data into data warehouses, data marts, data lakes and other data structures – on premise and in the cloud.
- Research business domain concepts and common data modeling approaches to problems faced by the organization in the analytics arena, ensure completeness, correctness and consistency of clinical data and data structure.
- Advise on logical data modeling techniques, and transformation methods appropriate to requirements and architecture preferences.
- Participate in discussion around emerging solutions on big data platform, storage platforms, physical data organization techniques.
- Design and create the data structures needed to support dash boarding, reporting, and data science projects, including dimensional data warehouses, column store databases, OLAP cubes, Microsoft tabular models, Hadoop / distributed file system, and other logical and physical organization techniques.
- Leverage various data integration platforms, including AWS, ETL tools, emerging open source options, and other platforms using appropriate ELT / ETL / Message Based design patterns.
- Analyze existing data warehouse designs to identify potential enhancements, performance improvements, design improvements.
- Have extremely strong skills in at-least one programming and scripting language (Java, Python, Scala, Julia, Stata, Ruby, R).
- Have familiarity handling high volume heterogeneous data Clinical Data, electronic health records.
- Have demonstrated experience with one or more data analytics and visualization packages.
- Work collaboratively with Clinical Programmers, Data Scientists, Biostatisticians and Project Management staff to meet project deliverables and timelines for routine to basic clinical data acquisition, quality checking and reporting.
Nice To Have:
- Prior experience in regulated industries with high Data Quality and Governance standards.
- Basic knowledge of the medical terminologies, messaging standards, healthcare coding systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, MIS, Statistics, related field or equivalent work experience.
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! You get to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is full time, in our downtown Seattle office. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment. Come join our team and make a difference! (No recruiters, please.)
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.
Read Full Job Description