Cloud Data Engineer - Remote US at Axon
Axon's Data and Integrations Team is looking for an integration engineer to create and maintain pipelines on the data integration, management, and analytics platform alongside Axon's newest public safety technology products. This platform will automate officer's workflows and offer law enforcement administrators and crime analysts flexible access to key crime data, decision support, state and federal crime reports, and criminal investigation insights.
Axon has lead the global effort to protect life and through through electric weapons, body cameras, a number of realtime sensors, public safety software products and AI tools. Axon is uniquely positioned to tie together every aspect of an incident in order to help law enforcement agencies better prepare for what might happen, respond efficiently and effectively, deliver justice, ensure the well being of their officers, and increase the safety of communities. Working together with our customers and product teams, you will build the foundation for Axon's outcome-oriented data efforts.
Your Day to Day
- Develop and maintain pipelines on Axon's system integration, data integration, management, and analytics solutions.
- Develop and maintain automated processes that support Axon's product deployment and evolution at scale.
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable.
- Influence peers, advise leaders, coach and mentor junior team members.
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers, customer solution architects, and business analysts.
- Associate's degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field
- Highly technical with 2+ years of experience developing and maintaining production systems
- Must pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Experience working with JSON and XML
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, Python, Bash, or similar
- Backend engineering experience (Java, Scala, C++, or similar)
- Familiarity using REST clients to perform tests (Postman, Insomnia, etc.)
- Familiarity working with YAML for purposes of configuring builds and releases
- Experience and understanding of deploying hardware agnostic software to cloud hosts
- Experience with container-based platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...