Communications Data Scientist
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly analytical and creative individual contributor with the ability to extract and communicate high value findings from our proprietary set of aesthetic industry data. You will have the opportunity to dig into data to unearth insights, build predictive models, automate the production of data sets used throughout the business and communicate your findings on an ongoing basis, both internally and externally.
In this role you will:
- Use analytical methods to transform complex data-sets into insights of value to both our provider and consumer audiences.
- Summarize your findings in crisp articles that distill complex data into elegant and interesting stories published across a wide range of forums, from blog posts to medical journals.
- Present your results internally to a wide variety of audiences, from Data Scientists to Executives and marketing and communications specialists.
- Work closely with the Chief Communications Officer to identify and generate data insights for sharing externally, with both the public and customers.
- Work closely with the Chief Medical Officer to prepare data abstracts, journal articles and presentations for high profile aesthetic industry conferences.
- Automate the production of data sets to power ongoing and routine reporting of data for a range of stakeholders.
About You: As a small, fast-moving team, we’re looking for a self-motivated, independent thinker. If you love extracting and sharing deep insights from rich data sets, join us to make an immediate impact in a fast-growing business.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- Graduate degree in a quantitative or medical field required (e.g. Economics, Statistics, Math, Operations Research, Engineering, Physics etc.). Ph.D desired.
- Ability to identify and pitch data analysis ideas of interest and then distill complex data stories down to crisp, clear summaries and elegant and insightful visualizations.
- Outstanding at presenting data stories to a wide range of professional backgrounds (doctors, the press etc.) and the general public.
- Moderate to expert knowledge of statistics required.
- Experience with advanced modeling techniques desirable. Experience with natural language processing is a plus.
- Experience with SQL is required. Experience with python and R is highly desirable.
- 1-5 years of experience in an analytical role desirable.
Travel: With the exception of 1-2 conferences a year, travel is not anticipated for this role.
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.