Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Remitly is registered as a Money Services Business in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia; and licensed by multiple U.S. state banking agencies. Each of these jurisdictions require, among other items, that Remitly maintain a comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering program. Reporting to our Manager of Risk and Compliance, the Compliance Analyst will help detect suspicious transactions and audit risk processes.You have previous work experience in the online financial services industry and a familiarity with working in a 24/7 customer support environment.
What You'll Do
- Work with the Compliance Officer to identify and submit SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports) within internal service guidelines and government-mandated timelines
- Evaluate internal reports and related filters to confirm Remitly is actively monitoring its customer base for compliance with the terms of its user agreement
- Lead periodic AML risk assessments and help implement needed corrective actions
- Work across teams to help develop compliant products, systems and tools
- Assist Compliance Manager with projects on an ad-hoc basis
- Work with operations and risk teams to develop governance and risk programs Experience with BSA, AML, KYC and other policies
- Substantive knowledge of applicable compliance issues and requirements; Substantive understanding of payments products, services, and operations (or equivalent in other financial services organizations)
- Demonstrate flexibility to work overtime hours when needed
Who You Are
- Minimum 3 years of experience either overseeing or directly contributing to operational compliance programs
- Direct experience in either e-commerce, banking or payments processor industries.
- You have a Bachelor's degree
- You recognize non-obvious patterns and devise solutions for complex issues directly affecting the customer experience
- You always ask "Why?", get to the bottom of questions, and use data to make recommendations.
- We'd love to talk if you have CAMS or BSA/AML certifications
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer