At Assurance we are disrupting the antiquated and inefficient world of insurance and financial services. Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals are modernizing how people obtain and manage their financial life all through our powerful platform ecosystem. We are rapidly growing as we expand our product offerings and global footprint, and this growth continues to present new and exciting challenges as we push our industry into its future. We eliminate waste throughout the industry and calculate the complex into simple, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We are humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
About the Position
Assurance is growing rapidly, and we need highly motivated Medicare Compliance Investigators to join our team. In this role, you will become an expert in Medicare Advantage at Assurance and keep up to date on changes to CMS regulations and carrier requirements. You will research and investigate suspicious behaviors, spot non-compliant sales practices, summarize your findings in investigative reports, and make recommendations for corrective actions.
You are a highly motivated self-starter who is ready to change the way the insurance industry handles compliance challenges. You love to learn new things and enjoy diving deep to get to the root of any problem. An expert at spreadsheets, you are passionate about analyzing data to discover issues. Not only are you adept at spotting patterns and anomalies, you use your creativity to find ways to prevent issues from happening in the first place. While you work well independently, you have a collaborative mindset and work well with a team.
To be successful in this role, you must possess the following:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Medicare Advantage regulations
- Experience working with databases and/or BI tools
- Superior research and investigation skills
- Excellent written communication and analytical skills
- A natural curiosity to learn new things
- A desire to improve processes and an eye for quality; strong attention to detail
- The ability to handle the unexpected and the flexibility to pivot as needed
The following additional experience is highly desired:
- 5+ years of experience with Medicare
- Familiarity with CMS rules and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of industry standard for Medicare insurance sales
- Industry certification in fraud, compliance, insurance, and/or risk management (e.g. CFE, ACP, CCP, AHIP, RPLU, CPCU, ARM, etc.)
- Prior experience using Looker
- Insurance producer license
- Bachelor’s degree
Please review our CCPA policies here.
Read Full Job Description