Are you passionate about data and analytics? Do you want to be at the forefront of a truly customer-centric organization?
We are looking for an Analytics Manager to join our Marketing Analytics Team and open to both our Seattle or London office. This is a mid-level individual contributor position. As a core member of team, you will be working with data and applying advanced data science techniques in a fun and stimulating environment. There are a variety of exciting projects that you will work on to drive business strategy. Your insights will be used to enhance our customer value proposition, improve customer acquisition and engagement, drive customer lifetime value, deliver an outstanding customer experience and better understand the customer behavior across brands own by Expedia Group. This is an exciting opportunity for a team-player who wants to be an integral part of a truly customer focused team.
The successful individual will be able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, enjoy working on multiple tasks and projects at the same time and own projects end to end. Critical to your success in this role is a love of data (we love data!) - Developing insightful analysis that you communicate in a clear and compelling way.
What you’ll do:
- Strong commercial acumen, analytical rigor, problem solver approach and strong attention to detail
- Strong SQL skills and knowledge of R (or similar tools like Python) desirable - for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualizing big data
- High level of intellectual curiosity and focus on generating impactful business insights.
- Previous experience in translating complex data findings into clear insights, with a knack for storytelling is a major plus.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure, dynamic environment and be comfortable with a level of ambiguity.
- Excellent project and partner management skills, working with multiple teams across several countries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex analytical solutions and their business value to a diverse group of technical and non-technical audiences
- Can-do and self-starter attitude – Focused, resilient, and able to work towards goals with energy
Who you are:
- Curious – Willing to learn and always aspiring for better
- Keen to make a difference in everything you do – for our customers
- Can-do attitude – Focused, resilient, and able to work towards goals with energy
- Flexible - Multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Work collaboratively to seek challenges, across borders and cultures
- 5+ years’ experience in a Data Science or Advanced Analytics role
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Engineering or similar. Relevant Master’s degree a plus
- Experience in customer insight, statistical modelling, data science or similar
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.