Data Analyst, Machine Learning
Today, there is a chronic and pervasive customer data problem -- one that’s preventing some of the world’s most loved brands from understanding and engaging their customers through meaningful and captivating customer experiences. Amperity has invented a way to solve this problem with the horsepower of a distributed data infrastructure and the intelligence of best-in-class machine learning algorithms and techniques. Amperity frees, connects, and makes customer data usable so brands can create extraordinary customer experiences at scale. This approach unleashes the creative potential of Amperity users, allowing them to excel at what they do and bring their best ideas to life.
Amperity is an early stage technology company, venture-backed by the early investors of Amazon, Facebook, LinkedIn, Spotify, Concur, FlipKart and many more. Our team of successful, repeat entrepreneurs is focused on building a company composed of top-tier talent and a suite of disruptive products that drive tremendous value for our customers and the consumers they serve.
- We are using machine learning and data science techniques to build a best-in-class entity resolution engine. With our advanced big data and parallel processing architecture, we are able to cluster hundreds of millions of records within a couple of hours and provide our user insights about their customers that they haven’t been able to obtain before.
- As we scale fast, we need someone with great analytical skills and attention to details to be our gatekeeper of data quality. We need you to mine and analyze data to extract insights from the vast data loads we process every day, design good metrics and automate the data auditing process, helping the data science team to drive optimization and improvement of the machine learning models over time.
- You have 2+ years of data analysis experience, or equivalent.
- You have a strong analytical mind and are intellectually curious.
- You have advanced SQL skills.
- You have deep passion for software and data quality, as well as process automation.
- You are excited to deepen your knowledge around machine learning and data science.
Technologies We Use and You Will Learn
- Open Source tools such as Accumulo, Spark, and Kafka
- A web stack based on ClojureScript and the React family of tools
- NoSQL data stores such as Accumulo and Redis.
- Programming languages such as Clojure, Python, SQL.
- Data analysis tools such as Jupyter Notebook, Google Analytics.
- Cloud-first automation including Apache Aurora and SaltStack
- Random forests, logistic regression, and probabilistic databases
- Emacs AND vi!
- And more
We offer all the benefits you’d expect from a “great place to work”. Transportation subsidies, 100% healthcare coverage, and a comfortable snack-laden work environment. Beyond the basics, we provide an inclusive environment where you’ll be challenged to find and unlock your full potential, surrounded by a team of world-class people driving for excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.