Data Analyst (Professional Services) at Outreach
The ideal candidate must:
- Have experience working through complex business problems and partnering with external clients using a consultative approach
- Be comfortable working with ambiguity and have the ability to define and solve problems by using available data and making reasonable assumptions
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills from stakeholders up to executive level
- Ability to leverage data and models for creating impactful change
- High level understanding in the business of sales in order to provide guidance on relevant analyses and initiative priorities.
- Support and influence the evolution of data service package offerings, methodology, and deliverables.
- Structure work, frame issues, and produce analyses that answer complex business questions in a pragmatic approach
- Develop and document repeatable recommendations, both strategic and tactical, for customers, stakeholders, and professional services partners.
- Be able to navigate large scale and complex data sources from converting raw data into meaningful and actionable insights to gathering qualitative information from stakeholders
- Make intelligent tradeoffs between information available and provide innovative solutions to customers even in situations where all the desired data may or may not be available
- Collaborate & partner with the Business Intelligence team, ensuring that we are bringing the same level of data integrity, reporting and analyses to our customers as we do to our own internal team
- Deliver and refresh standardized BI templates on an as needed basis for new initiatives, updates, and programs.
- BS/Masters in quantitative related fields such as economics, statistic, finance, engineering, or computer science
- 2-3 years+ experience analyzing data and using data to drive insights and decision-making, ideally in SaaS industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to work with business stakeholders
- Ability to easily transition from working at a detailed data level to presenting high level findings to management.
- Solid understanding of statistics and probability concepts
- Fluency in using SQL for data transformation and analysis on data sets with 10 Million+ records
- Fluency with using enterprise business intelligence and reporting solutions (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience working with data lakes and data warehouses
- Customer focus - an ability to identify opportunities for business optimization through customer insights and the aptitude to turn these into viable products
- Experience with data science tools, such as R or Python, and data science concepts and processes
- Experience in sales operations, management consulting, business strategy, or planning
- Solid presentation skills for management and executive consumption