Yapta's Data product team has an immediate need for a passionate, creative, analytical, and experienced Data Analyst who loves big & complex data and uses their investigative mind to deliver insights that impact key business decisions.
You will engage with stakeholders and collaborate closely with data scientists, data engineers and other data analysts within the Data team. To be successful in this role, you must have strong written and oral communications skills, a go-getting attitude and the willingness to tackle hard problems in innovative ways. If you have an insatiable curiosity, and a desire to be on the leading edge of data in the travel industry, then this may be the role for you!
- Curate & analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from multiple sources using several different tools and data analysis techniques
- Define, track and report key metrics to assess overall business health
- Deliver in depth analysis on business performance (trends, funnels) and drivers, as well as forecasts and targets
- Build/design dashboards to enable ongoing monitoring and decision making
- Work with data engineers to operationalize dashboards and ingest new data sources
- Work with internal teams to socialize analysis and drive analytic adoption
- Hold analytic office hours for BI power users
- Administrate BI content & governance
- Provide actionable insights on the business and support the initiatives of functional areas of the company
- Provide data sound bites to sales & marketing on trends and “did you know?” data facts
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
- Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills
- Advanced working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining
- Strong programming knowledge (proficient in SQL)
- Data visualization techniques & best practices
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, familiarity with BI tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, Pyramid, Domo, Sigma, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Be self-driven, and demonstrate ability to prioritize & deliver
- Interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation.
- Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years’ experience in data analytics, data mining with proven quantitative orientation
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- Advanced dashboard design & development
- Experience with Snowflake
- Understanding of the travel industry a plus
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.