In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
Our Editorial department is looking to hire a Data Analyst to join our analyst group. As a valued team member, you’ll utilize your analysis skills to interpret client data requests and deliver packaged analytics used by some of the largest private capital investors, investment banks and service providers globally. Further, our data analysts work closely with our research teams, developing meaningful insight into a fascinating industry and contributing to our private equity, venture capital and M&A research. Our team is creative, driven and focused on providing the most accurate and digestible data to our clients daily.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Utilize strong Microsoft Excel and SQL skills in order to provide high-quality data analysis and support to clients, internal stakeholders and select media outlets
- Serve as data expert for all use cases that utilize PitchBook’s broad database
- Manage and complete time-sensitive custom research requests for subscribing clients
- Contribute to research and analysis across the private equity, venture capital and M&A industries
- Work closely with Research Analyst team to identify unique data points to support research, while also identifying unique tables and graphs to clearly illustrate that information
- Contribute to and provide data support to broader editorial teams as they develop content for blog posts, data-graphics, and newsletter stories
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, press, internal colleagues and the general public regarding data requests and published research
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration or Economics preferred. Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), IRRs, asset allocations, etc.
- 1-3 years’ experience in financial services role or experience working with large datasets
- Strong excel proficiency
- Experience in SQL
- Experience using Python or other programming languages a plus
- Strong interest in M&A and private financial markets
- Critical thinker
- Detail oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in PitchBook Platform a plus
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.