Who is Karat?
Interviewing is the gateway to building careers and teams. Yet, it’s no one’s job to do it with fairness and professionalism -- so we made it our job.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
As a Data Analyst, you will support a wide variety of business stakeholders within Karat to help drive decision-making and improvements to our product. As a key member of our engineering team, you will advance your skills rapidly through mentorship and a wide array of tasks.
- As a principal member of this team, you will help create repeatable, sustainable tools for giving teams the data they need and making the most important data visible throughout our company.
- You will work with individual users to help create SQL queries and dashboards that are critical to our day-to-day business intelligence.
- You will help optimize and improve the processes by which we review and analyze our data.
- As you grow in this role, you will help us improve our data quality, ingest new data at scale, and drive improvements in our user experience and business decisions.
- You will proactively deliver insights that will help make all of our teams more focused and productive.
- You can compose complex SQL queries in response to user needs.
- You are comfortable working with both technical and non-technical users to understand data requirements.
- You are comfortable explaining nuances of data to non-data-oriented teammates.
- You want to learn and understand our business in order to better understand teams' actual data needs and draw meaningful, predictive conclusions.
- You have a desire to learn and improve your craftsmanship, and you always go the extra mile to provide happiness to your customers.
- You are comfortable with mathematical and statistical concepts such as confidence intervals, probability distributions and statistical significance.
- You have strong skills at prioritization and triaging incoming requests by importance.
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field, such as computer science, mathematics, statistics, information management, or business administration
- Some experience writing code in a dynamic language like Python or Ruby helps you read and understand data models that feed into the database.
- Interviewing, teaching, or mentoring experience is a plus to help you relate to our mission and culture!
- 2+ years of experience using SQL, R, or similar tools.
- 2+ years operating in a data role or data-driven business role.
- Specific experience with PostgreSQL or Metabase is a plus.
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination