This position will be based out of our Seattle office.
As a Data Engineer at Outreach.io you will have the opportunity to evolve and shape our data ecosystem. We’re looking for a data engineer who is passionate about building resilient data pipelines and enabling data users across the entire organization. You will have a great opportunity to make an impact at a young and growing company and help the Business Intelligence and Analytics team to evolve and mature our analytics, data science, and automation functions. If you are familiar with building environments to enable BI engineers and analysts, enjoy finding creative solutions to data problems, and enthusiastic about learning or improving your skills using best practices in data modeling and ETL/ELT process for delivering multi-dimensional datasets, we have interesting challenges for you.
About The Team
The BI&A team is on a mission to bring relevant data and insights to every person at Outreach while advancing the use of data and promoting an insight-centric culture. The BI & Analytics team is a centralized resource providing a suite of services to Outreach business functions including KPI definition, dashboards & reporting, ad hoc an
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Implement data ingestion routines that deliver raw data in a usable format
- Implement and enhance a modern workflow orchestration platform
- Automate data processes across multiple internal teams
- Help with developing, constructing, test, and maintenance of BI&A data architecture
- Provide input and recommendations on technical issues and think through trade-offs and risks and communicate them with team/business stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to establish requirements and explain the benefits/risks of proposed approaches
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- 3 years of Data Engineer/ BI Engineer experience
- Fluency with SQL querying and optimization (Snowflake and Mysql preferred)
- Experience building data pipelines with Python
- Experience coding
- Experience with modern orchestration platforms like Airflow
- Our tech stack: Snowflake, Python, DBT - data build tool, Tableau, Airflow
- Experience with DBT
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience in creating data sources and administering Tableau server
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- Familiarity with modern data warehousing architecture and processes
- Interest in implementing DataOps concepts
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
Outreach is the number one sales engagement platform with the largest customer base and industry-leading usage. Outreach helps companies dramatically increase productivity and drive smarter, more insightful engagement with their customers. The company commissioned a recent Forrester studywhich highlights how the company provides an industry-leading ROI of 387 percent over three years and a payback period of fewer than three months since initial investment.
Outreach’s culture is what truly sets the company apart. The company recently made Inc.’s Best Places to Work for the third year in a row. Outreach's great workplace culture has also been recognized in Seattle Business Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For and the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Places to Work in Washington. Its exceptional growth was recognized by Deloitte last year, receiving the prestigious Technology Fast 500 award, which ranked Outreach the fourth fastest-growing technology company in North America. Outreach was also named to the Forbes' Cloud 100 and LinkedIn's Top Startups list and recently was ranked number one in G2s “Best Products for Sales.”
More than 4,500 companies such as Adobe, Tableau, DoorDash, Splunk, DocuSign, and SAP depend on Outreach’s enterprise-scale, unparalleled customer adoption, and robust AI-powered innovation. Outreach is a privately held high-growth pre-IPO start-up with a $1.1B valuation based in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, please visit www.outreach.io.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status