Data Engineer II, Analytics Platform
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Analytics Platform team and work with stakeholders across Customer Success, Marketing, Finance / Accounting, Pricing, and Product. You’ll build infrastructure to leverage data to improve customer experience, help make better decisions, and understand our business. The team owns a diverse set of platforms so we're looking for an individual who enjoys and thrives in variety, supporting different domains.
Some examples of responsibilities you’ll start with:
- You will migrate portions of the ETL critical path to a faster execution substrate (from Scalding to Spark)
- You will implement business logic in the data pipeline to support new product features
- You will develop data storage strategies that reduce costs while maintaining access (S3 Glacier, Spectrum, Presto)
- You will extend our streaming control plane DSL (Kinesis + Flink)
- You will define naming conventions and currency representation standards for our data systems
- You will genericize our streaming platform so other teams can run their own stream processing environment (Flink, Scala)
- You will create a testing framework, using statistical models to detect inaccuracies or regressions in data
Who we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience successfully delivering applications to customers
- The ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to build infrastructure
- Proficient in at least two general purpose programming languages (Java, Ruby, Python) with hands-on experience working on disparate technology stacks, including front-end user interfaces and back-end systems
- Experience or a strong interest in building solutions leveraging big data technologies such as Hadoop, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Flink
- Passionate about helping others solve problems by building data-fuel applications that make it easy for users to consume and act on large amounts of data through innovative use of visualization and data presentation
- Experience working within the ETL layer and database schema design
- Bonus points if you’ve worked with database design, experimentation, and/or you’re proficient in basic statistical concepts and reasoning (Normal Distribution, Standard Deviation, T-Tests, A/B tests)
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Does this sound like the place for you? Join us!
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer