Data Engineer II (contract assignment) at Accolade
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.Job Description
The Data Engineer II (4 month contract assignment), reporting to the Director, SW Engineering, is responsible for correct and timely processing of personal heath information that is critical to providing our customers and partners with the best possible service, and ultimately, to getting people healthier faster. Data Engineers build and maintain the platform that processes and transmits between Accolade’s internal systems and external partners.
A day in the life…
- Designing, implementing and analyzing high performing SQL queries
- Developing data integration software using Talend Big Data, SSIS, and in the future, cloud-based tools
- Interfacing with your product manager and other engineers to gather, understand and translate requirements
- Project work in automating data ingestion or monitoring & alerting
- In-depth investigations of specific problem areas, or mapping existing user requirements
What we are looking for…
- At least 2 years’ experience writing complex SQL queries in an RDBMS such as MS SQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with ETL, Data Integration and/or BI
- An excellent problem solver and able to quickly grasp complex challenges
- Hands-on, detail-oriented & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter
- Comfortable with working remotely as needed
- A skillful communicator, especially over remote working tools (conferencing, online systems)
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.