Data Engineer - Location Flexible at Dropbox
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:01 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, January 23, 2021
In this role you will build very large, scalable platforms using cutting edge data technologies. This is not a “maintain existing platform” or “make minor tweaks to current code base” kind of role. We are effectively building from the ground up and plan to leverage the most recent Big Data technologies. If you enjoy building new things without being constrained by technical debt, this is the job for you!
- You will help define company data assets (data model), spark, sparkSQL and hiveSQL jobs to populate data models
- You will help define/design data integrations, data quality frameworks and design/evaluate open source/vendor tools for data lineage
- You will work closely with Dropbox business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term Data Platform architecture
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 4+ years of Python or Java development experience
- 4+ years of SQL experience (No-SQL experience is a plus)
- 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Experience designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
Read Full Job Description