Data Engineer - Seattle, WA at MedBridge
Are you looking to work for an innovative company where every day your efforts will contribute to improving the lives of millions of people? MedBridge is a dynamic company at the intersection of medical technology, online education, and patient engagement. Our Software Engineering family is growing and looking for our first Data Engineer to join the team!
Why work at MedBridge?
- We are mission driven. We believe continuing education improves the lives of both medical professionals and the patients they care for, and we are passionate about our evidence-based solutions for healthcare professionals and organizations using innovative technology and powerful education.
- We are creating award-winning products. In 2020 alone, we won American Business’s “Stevie” Awards for the best mobile healthcare app and the best enterprise healthcare app. We also received the 2020 MedTech Breakthrough Award for the best patient portal as well as…
- We’re a fast-growing company where you’ll have opportunities to further develop your skills and advance your career. We’re one of Inc. Magazine’s 25 Fastest-Growth Companies in Seattle in 2019 as well as one of The Startup’s 2020 Companies to Watch.
- You’ll make an impact here. Even as our company grows, our teams remain compact and dynamic, meaning the work of every individual matters
- Our customers love MedBridge! We have a nearly 100% client retention rate for 2020, which means your job is safe and we’re able continue hiring during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As MedBridge’s first Data Engineer, you will directly influence our data integration and data visualization, bringing our reporting infrastructure to the next level. You will drive the infrastructure for our Tableau and Matillion ETL data integrations. Ideally, we are looking for candidates in the Seattle metro area, but this position is open candidates in the United States that enjoy working from home.
In this role you will:
- Create, maintain, and enhance ETL development
- Serve as the primary reporting developer for Tableau, Matillion ETC, and product reporting infrastructure.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of reporting data architecture and data model design
- Be a go-to resource for data and analytics infrastructure within the company, and serve in a consultative role with stakeholders and customers to define data needs
- Build out powerful data visualizations and dashboards for the internal business and our customers
- Collaborate with development and other internal teams to define, create, and vet company metrics and KPIs
What you will need to succeed:
- 5 or more years successful managing product reporting infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience in data visualization, enterprise data warehousing, ETL, querying, and data integration.
- Experience with a data platform that includes relational databases, and some experience with data modeling
- Experience manipulating large, complex datasets using tools/techniques such as SQL, pivot tables, lookups, etc.; experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Skilled at understanding customer and stakeholder needs and given requirements will be able to produce datasets to answer stakeholder questions
- Ability to manage a high number of ongoing tasks and maintain an awareness of the current status of each project.
- Enthusiasm to develop cross-functional working relationships across the company
- Passion. We love what we do, and we find inspiration in our passion for improving patient care with innovative products.
- Collaboration. We seek and welcome feedback from colleagues, clinicians, and patients, knowing that collaboration leads to greater success.
- Resourcefulness. We’re continuously iterating and optimizing for long-term success and efficiency. We think of creative ways to solve the problem at hand.
- Quality. Quality in our work is of utmost importance; we hold ourselves and our teammates to higher standards because the quality of our work directly impacts lives.
- Customer-centric. Our success and continued growth are driven by products customers love.
- Personal health and wellness. MedBridge contributes generously to medical, dental, and vision benefits. We provide paid sick time, vacation time, parental leave, and personal days, and we offer a 401(k) with a company match.
- Personal growth. We offer an annual stipend plus two days of paid time off for you to attend the professional development course of your choice.
We embrace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. No matter your background, your orientation, your identity expression, or whatever else makes you unique, if you want to raise the bar and join an amazing team of passionate people, then we'd love to work alongside you at MedBridge.
Now it’s your turn. If you liked what you’ve read and think MedBridge would be a great career choice for you, apply now and our Recruiting team will quickly follow up with you. If you still have questions, call us at 206-216-5003 and choose option 4. One of our recruiters will be happy to chat.