Data Engineer at Yapta
Are you excited about the convergence of technology and travel? Do you want to be a part of a cohesive agile team? Do you fall asleep thinking about indexes, transforms, and solutions for streaming data ingest? Come help us build our cutting-edge data platform, powering insights used by some of the biggest brands in the world.
How you’ll succeed on the team:
- You're passionate about getting at data and creating high quality, easy to consume views into that data
- You continually improve by learning from others, and you jump in when a teammate could use your help
- You care about your customers, and understand how your data contributes to the goals of the business
- You have an agile mindset, and are comfortable refining vague requirements
- You can sense miscommunications among team members, and do your part to improve understanding
- You thrive in and contribute to a positive work environment, where everyone shares constructive thoughts and suggestions
- Minimum of 3 years of professional software development experience in a hands-on data-centric role in data engineering, architecture, streaming or warehousing is REQUIRED.
- Experience with at least one modern server-side language (such as Python, Java, or similar) is REQUIRED.
- Experience with at least one relational database technology (MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL, etc.) is REQUIRED.
- Proficient with SQL is REQUIRED.
- Familiarity with cloud services and infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Familiarity with columnar store databases (Vertica, Redshift, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience building out data ingest pipelines
- Experience building out or working within Extract, Load, Transform / Data Lake architectures
- Comfortable working with a mix of structured & unstructured data from a variety of sources is preferred
- Experience with schema design
- Experience with Spark, DataFrames, pandas a big plus
- Experience transforming partially or fully unstructured data into more easily queryable formats
- Experience tuning databases for performance
- Experience working in an agile environment such as Scrum or Kanban
- Knowledge of machine learning tools & concepts a plus
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Optional work-from-home Wednesdays
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO and 10 paid holidays (total 7 weeks)
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Stocked kitchens, with coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, movies, etc.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. Yapta does not provide sponsorship for employment eligibility at this time.