Data Engineer at Expedia Group
Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created an expansive marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
Are you passionate about data and the technology needed to drive a multi-million-dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale data products using a diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies?
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will deliver the next generation advertising data platform for Expedia Group Media Solutions. Your mission will be able to deliver a cloud based, highly-scalable and low-latency data platform for Expedia's Advertising business. You will design and develop pipelines that make our data available to our customers, developers, data scientists and business end-users in a cost efficient and reliable manner.
Who you are:
- Design and build high scale, real-time and batch data processing pipelines.
- Use technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Kafka, and/or Spark in columnar databases.
- Develop pipelines and services in Scala, Python or Java.
- Write automated unit and integrations test as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Ensure technical solutions meet business needs and that customer satisfaction with the delivered solution is high.
What you’ll do:
- 3+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or a related major and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies and continuous delivery principles.
- Problem solver and an excellent coder with deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, and distributed applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent coding ability in JVM-based languages (Java, Scala, Python).
- Experience in Big Data, Database and/or Data Warehouse technologies including Hadoop, Hive.
- Experience in AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB.
- Experience in writing transactional web services using REST or distributed RPC technologies as well streaming (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis).
- Experience writing multi-threaded/asynchronous code.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.