Data Engineer at Qualtrics
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
Our team is a collection of deeply passionate engineers who are riding the groundbreaking of cloud computing and web scalability. We built data analytics applications that help company leaders gain insights about technology spends, make sound decision on technology investments, and drive innovation in resource utilization and efficiency optimizations. Our environment is primarily TypeScript, Node.js, React, MySQL NoSQL, AWS, Python, PHP, and Docker. In our collaborative culture, you find plenty of opportunities to impact our full-stack products; from Web & mobile UI to data visualization & analysis to data ingestion, storage and processing.
- Developing scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Close collaboration with your team to collect and incorporate feedback into your feature design
- Drive operational excellence by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation
- Improve performance, availability, reliability, scale, throughput and latency
- Work with your team in order to meet customer work you're doing, understand the decisions that are being made and make your voice heard.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, git, test automation and build\deploy systems)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment and to learn new frameworks/stacks
- Passionate about building products that help customers easily and effectively get their job done
- Enthusiastic person, who communicates effectively and is easy to work with
- Curious and constantly learning on your own and from others
- You get satisfaction from helping others succeed, and you constantly seek ways to improve
- You can identify gaps, propose solutions to important problems, then take it to resolution
- Shown ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment is a plus
- Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicate effectively with wide array of individuals at Qualtrics, and get the right things done
- Confirmed ability to understand large systems, drilling down to code level