Stackline is an all-in-one ecommerce platform for brands and retailers. By combining market intelligence, advertising automation, workflow management, and operational analytics into a single platform, Stackline delivers the industry-leading operating system for companies to scale their online retail business globally. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Seattle with additional offices in Minneapolis, New York and London, Stackline is on a mission to engineer the world’s most powerful data, tools, and services for commerce.
Over the past year, Stackline has raised $180 million in strategic investments from Goldman Sachs Growth Equity and TA Associates. Stackline’s extensive brand list includes Starbucks, Sony, General Mills, Mondelez, and Levi’s.
The Data Engineer will own the technical component of our customer onboarding team. Our team and data are growing quickly and looking for an individual to manage the current process, while identifying opportunities to improve and streamline the onboarding pipeline going forward. The Data Engineer will lead the execution of new processes as we expand our coverage to additional retailers globally.
You should be passionate about working with large data sets, have a strong attention to detail, and high intellectual curiosity. The Data Engineer will work closely product managers, data scientist and data engineers to drive solutions.
- Responsible for creating the proper data modeling necessary to facilitate reporting, analytics, and predictive modeling for key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain data infrastructure, simplify data access, and unlock self-service insights.
- The team will be responsible for statistical modeling and will create feedback loops to continuously improve the modeling process.
- Work with external data partners to establish EDI connections to ingest various datasets · Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using different AWS products such as Lambda, Glue, EMR, Kinesis Firehose
- Partner with key stakeholders, including Software Engineers, Product Managers, Business Development, and Customer Success.
- Establish a comprehensive set of metrics to measure the performance of operation leaders and the impact of our programs.
- Provide ongoing program updates and reporting to stakeholders.
- You will also assist with troubleshooting support tickets for operational issues and manage performance monitoring and tuning of the environments.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 4+ years industry experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Big Data engineering, ETL pipeline development, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development life cycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with coding languages like Python/Java/Scala
- Exposure to large databases, BI applications, data quality and performance tuning
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proficiency in the DevOps style of software deployment (infrastructure-as-code)
- Proficiency with AWS database/ETL tools including Lambda, Glue, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Proficiency with AWS technologies including SNS, SQS, SES, Route 53, Cloudwatch, VPC
- Background in Big Data, non-relational databases, Machine Learning and Data Mining is a plus
Benefits and Perks: It’s important each and every employee feels they are supported and can complete their life’s best work today and in the future. We are investing in each person not only with competitive compensation, but also with industry leading benefits and perks. A few ways we support our employees is by offering:
- 100% paid health, medical and vision for employees and qualifying dependents
- Company 401k plan plus matching
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 20 days annually of Paid Time Off (with no accrual or tenure needed)
- 9 Paid company holidays
- 100% Paid Parental leave - 20 weeks for birthing mothers and 12 weeks for all other parents
- Summer Fridays early close at 2pm
- Annual training and development stipend of $1,000 USD
- Fully stocked kitchen snacks with weekly fresh fruit
Stackline is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.