Dropbox is building a world class Finance organization driven by data and analytics. The Revenue and Growth Finance team delivers quantitative forecasts and analytic insights that drive the strategy and growth of the entire company.
The Data Engineer is responsible for designing and developing robust, scalable solutions for collecting, analyzing large data sets, creating and maintaining data pipelines, data structures and reports to be used by senior leadership and many teams across Dropbox.
- Understand business processes around SaaS reporting, internal customer data needs and how to implement robust solutions into the overall data architecture
- Design, build and manage data marts to satisfy our growing data needs around Growth Metrics such as active users, ARPU, ARR, conversion rate, cohort segmentation
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines for internal and external financial reporting at enterprise scale
- Design and develop new frameworks and automation tools to enable teams to consume and understand data faster such as detailed customer segmentation by region and cohorts
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages like SQL and Python to support analysts and data scientists
- Collaborate with multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- Produce ideas for exploratory analysis that shape future projects and growth initiatives
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate business results to executive leadership
- Strong sense of initiative and curiosity around business automation and ability to independently make recommendations and take on projects from beginning to end
- 5+ years of work experience in technical/data/quantitative roles
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- 4+ years of experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- 3+ years of Python or Java development experience
- Experience working in data warehousing, data architecture and/or data engineering environments at enterprise scale
- Ability to analyze data to identify problems, gaps and inconsistencies
- Experience designing, building and maintaining data processing systems
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights to senior leadership
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Math, or a related technical field
At Dropbox, we strive to be a great place for all Dropboxers to grow and be recognized for that growth. This job posting reflects broad requirements, and represents two potential levels of role. Through our assessment process, we will identify your level that ties to compensation based on your experience and technical expertise along with the scope of the role.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.