Data Science II -Natural Language Processing at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including Citi, HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers, and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You enjoy the intersection of cutting edge research and practical problem solving
You enjoy bringing scientific research to life in real applications
You are excited by having billions of goal-oriented, human to human dialogs to learn from
You are a collaborative scientist who is interested in working with and learning from many different types of people
You are naturally curious and are think outside the box
You can imagine ways to use expert populations of thousands to train state of the art dialog systems
In this role you will:
- Apply cutting-edge methods of NLP/NLU to learn and derive value from one of the world’s largest goal-oriented conversational data sets.
- Work on challenging unsupervised and semi-supervised problems related to intent and dialog management.
- Propose and execute research efforts integrated with production systems
- Design and build a modern, flexible NLU pipeline
- Develop measurement strategy, control methodology, and experimental design
You should be an expert in:
- 2-5 years experience in ML, specifically in NLU/NLP
- Masters or PhD in Computational Linguistics, Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics.
- Knowledge of modern Deep Learning approaches to NLP
- Ability to write Python code that is efficient and clean
- Experience with scripting languages working in a Linux environment is a plus
- Ability to work closely with teammates in a highly collaborative environment, as well as providing strong individual contributions
- Experience with Python packages for Machine Learning (Scikit-Learn), NLP (SpaCy), and Deep Learning (Pytorch)
- NLP techniques to solve problems such as sentence summarization, question answering, sentiment analysis, knowledge extraction and conversational bots
- Experience with multilingual NLP systems a plus
- Research experience in NLP research or related fields, e.g. NLU, NLG, ASR/TTS and/or experience with dialogue systems
- Modeling to production and monitoring performance once completed
- Deep learning models with internal and external NLP datasets
- Machine Learning tools, models for Natural Language Processing applications, experimental design, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Analyzing, problem-solving, communication, and critical-thinking skills
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.