Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
About the Team Data is at the core of Outreach's strategy. It drives ourselves and our customers to the highest levels of success. We use it for everything from customer health scores and revenue forecasts, to operational metrics of our AWS infrastructure, to helping increase product engagement and user productivity through natural language understanding, to predictive analytics and causal inference via experimentation. As our customer base continues to grow, we are looking towards new ways of leveraging our data to deeper understand our customers’ needs and deliver new products and features to help invent the future of sales.
The mission of the Product Analytics team is enable our Product and Engineering teams with data to help make better decisions - answer questions like what is the impact of my feature area on the overall success of Outreach, how to measure success of my area, what data I should collect and how I can access it, what was the impact of my latest release, where are users getting confused, etc.
You will be responsible for multiple initiatives, including the following.
Measuring what matters (build the right instrumentation)
Providing analytical insights to various teams to inform their product roadmaps as well as helping teams prototype and validate pre-production reports and insights with customers
Establishing best practices for self-service analytics leveraging the Outreach data lake (drive a data-driven culture to consume from Outreach’s LakeHouse as single source of truth)
Building thought leadership and relationships with multiple internal stakeholders.
This role sits at the intersection of Product Management, Business and Technical Data Analytics, Data Science, and Business Intelligence. You will be leading a team of Product Analysts that will partner with Application and Feature PMs, Data and Analytics PMs, Data Scientists, Application Engineers and ML Engineers.
Our Vision of You
- You have 7+ years of technical experience across the fields of Product Management, Business and Technical Data Analytics, Data Science, and Business Intelligence
- You have high intellectual horse-power, deeply analytical, high EQ, curious, process oriented.
- You know the art (user love) and science (metrics based growth) of building analytical products. You understand the difference between data, insight, and recommendation.
- You are highly proficient in SQL, A/B Testing, Tableau, and Excel. Familiarity with Product Analytics tools (Amplitude, Datadog etc.) is a plus.
- You have working knowledge of applied statistics including hypothesis testing, experiment design, regressions. You are experienced with using statistical inference to drive product and business recommendations.
- You have experience driving end to end measurement frameworks
- You are able to tell stories with data, educate effectively, and instill confidence, motivating stakeholders to act on recommendations
- You have strong people management skills leading teams for 3+ years and hiring and growing top data analytics talent
- You are honest, admit mistakes, and own fixing them
- You are a motivated and talented craftsperson: always looking to sharpen and adapt your skills
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status