Data Scientist Engineer II (Python, SQL & Spark) at Accolade
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.Job Description
As a Data Scientist Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and delivering mission-critical machine learning models, data pipelines, and micro-services, empowering the next generation of Accolade applications and user experiences.
We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial individuals to innovate on a mission to better the lives of millions of people. If you have far-reaching vision and are passionate about building game-changing products and services that delight customers, then this is a great opportunity to join a team that’s fundamentally changing the health care experience.
A day in the life…
- Train and deploy mathematical models (such as scikit-learn, Keras, or Tensorflow) as services, optimizing for health outcomes and efficiency
- Create microservices in Python running on AWS (Dynamo, SNS, SQS, EC2, Lambda)
- Design and implement deep learning systems running on population health data, applying rapidly evolving technology in new ways
- Design and implement highly performing data pipelines in Python, Spark, and SQL
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings, weekly brainstorming sessions, and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Develop features across multiple modules within our application
- Write clean, testable, readable, and maintainable code that can be rapidly deployed at internet scale
- 3+ years full product cycle development experience in Python, SQL, and/or Spark
- Experience with training and deploying machine learning algorithms
- An understanding of the fundamentals of a machine learning system, such as accuracy measurements and cross-validation.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with services using SOAP, REST, and open source frameworks (Spring, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile software development framework
- Proficiency with software management tools such as Jira
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Github
- Proficiency in debugging code bases, designing APIs, writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience building software for the healthcare industry and/or medical informatic
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.