Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This is a 6 month contract only position and will work remotely from home.
Getty is embarking on its next wave of innovation in visual storytelling and how to put the perfect image or video in our customer’s hands, be it for a society-changing headline or a brand’s next big campaign—truly moving the world with images.
We are looking for a curious hardworking and innovative Data Scientist to help optimize Getty Images search experiences for our customers. This is a high-impact position where you will guide product strategy through data insights and experimentation. Your vision to extract insights about our customers, apply sophisticated statistical methods, and data-informed decisions will affect over 50 million outstanding visitors from almost every country in the world, with a direct tie to Getty Images' revenue.
In this position, you will own designing tests, developing experimentation methods, analyzing results, drawing out customer insights, and driving standard methodologies as we accelerate our experimentation. Partnering with product, data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers, you will help define success and our test and learn strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and execute our online experiments (ex: A/B tests) that help us improve and fine-tune our data-focused features, algorithms/models, and products (ex: Search)
- Work with product managers, designers, engineers, other data scientists, and partner teams to frame experimentation problems, both statistically and within the business and customer context
- Cross Collaboration with teams to help improve our experimentation pipeline and platform
- Proactively conduct hypothesis-focused deep dives and explorations of user behavior data. Collaborate and partner with the User Experience Research team to demonstrate qualitative and quantitative insights to develop new hypotheses and advise on our experimentation roadmap.
- Work with engineering teams to improve data collection procedures to ensure integrity and quality of the data
- Develop and validate new metrics
- Present metric development, testing methodologies, and experimentation results to technical and non-technical partners, clearly and concisely
We’d like to hear from you if:
- Expertise in statistical methods (including Bayesian statistics, time series)
- Excellent application skills in experimentation methodologies (A/B, multi-armed bandit) and causal inferences
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R/Python and libraries like pandas, scipy, stats models, scikit-learn, tidyverse (dplyr, ggplot2, etc.)
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL and Hive.
- Experience with Big Data systems and distributed computing, such as Hadoop and Spark
- A self-directed individual, confident decision-maker, ability to work in ambiguous conditions, ability to break down complex problems
- Strong product sense
- A Ph.D. or MS in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Natural Sciences, or any other equivalent quantitative field is helpful. If you are self-taught and believe you are an excellent fit for this role or have significant work experience, we would love to talk!
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
Due to Covid-19, this 6 month Contract position will work from home until further notice.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.