Data Scientist - Experimentation at Getty Images
Getty is embarking on its next wave of innovation in visual storytelling and how to put the perfect image or video in our customer’s hands, be it for a society-changing headline or a brand’s next big campaign—truly moving the world with images.
We are looking for a talented and creative Data Scientist to help optimize Getty Images search experiences. This is a high-impact position where you will guide product strategy through experimentation (ex: A/B, multi-armed bandit, etc.). Your passion for experimentation, applied statistics, and data-informed decisions will impact over 50 million unique visitors from almost every country in the world, with a direct tie to Getty Images' revenue.
You will be responsible for developing new experimentation methods, designing tests, analyzing results, and understanding our customer needs to improve our experimentation best practices to accelerate our rate of learning. In partnering with product, other data scientists, and engineers, you will help define success and our testing strategy.
What you’ll be doing:
· Design and execute our online experiments (ex: A/B tests, multi-armed bandit, etc.) that help us improve and fine tune our data focused features, algorithms/models, and products (ex: Search)
· Work with product managers, engineers, other data scientists, and partner teams to frame experimentation problems, both statistically and within the business context
· Work with engineering teams to improve data collection procedures to ensure integrity of the data
· Collaborate with engineering teams to improve the experimentation pipeline and platform.
· Proactively perform data exploration on user behavior to discover future testing opportunities
· Present metric development, testing methodologies, and experimentation results to technical and non-technical stakeholders, clearly and concisely
We’d love to hear from you if:
· Extensive knowledge in statistical methods and data mining
· Excellent application skills in experimentation methodologies (A/B, multi-armed bandit) and causal inferences
· Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R/Python and libraries like pandas, stats models, scikit-learn, tidyverse (dplyr, ggplot2, etc.)
· Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL and Hive.
· Experience with Big Data systems and distributed computing, such as Hadoop and Spark
· Strong product sense
· A Ph.D. or MS in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Economics, Sociology, Natural Sciences or any other equivalent quantitative field is preferred. If you are self-taught and believe you are a good fit for this role, or have significant work experience, we would love to hear from you as well.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, and impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is the starting point for our customers imagery search. Customers are confident that they are going directly to the best source of content, and that Getty's search engine will surface only the most relevant content to them and have the tools they need to refine and explore creatively.
Our customers will be able to communicate effortlessly with Getty Images, in their quest to find the right imagery. Using text, voice, or visual channels, they will have the ability to describe their content needs creatively and thoroughly. Getty Images' search will eliminate the barrier that exists between a creative art director and a technical researcher.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.