Data Scientist I
Data Scientist I
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our marketing analytics team and help Expedia continue generating incremental returns on our marketing spend. This role is expected to model channel interactions and attribution, determine how to best segment users, define data pipelines used by analytics and data science teams, and more (NLP, CLV, etc.).
Expedia helps millions of travelers around the world, and improving how we utilize our budget (in the hundreds of millions of dollars annually) helps us improve the traveler experience. If you are passionate about the prospect of performing applied research in novel ways at one of the largest travel companies in the world, read further!
What you'll do:
- Partner with analysts, data scientists, operators, and ad partners to advance Expedia’s competency around incremental returns on marketing spend
- Determine best methodologies to segment users for marketing acquisition and retention use cases
- Make recommendations on data tracking and pipelines so that we continue improving testing infrastructure over time
- Help solve other hard problems such as lifetime value (CLV) predictions, lifetime marketing costs, and more
Who you are:
- You have a Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, Operation Research, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with up to 3 years work experience, or equivalent combination of education, background, and work experience
- You have a passion for solving hard problems in novel ways
- You have strong experience in programming (Python, R, etc.) and data preparation (SQL)
- You have the ability to apply a wide variety of technical methods and models to effectively solve business problems
- You have direct experience in ecommerce / B2C is preferred, but less experience will be considered
What we can offer you:
- Challenging data science problems, a business that loves to test & learn, and lots of data
- An interesting industry that impacts millions of travelers around the world
- An environment that encourages innovation, collaboration, and thought leadership
- Personal growth (conference attendance, skillset expansion, etc.)
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We passionately strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with reserve and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. We also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia Group's list of travel brands include: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.