Data Scientist II, Lodging Product Analytics
ExpediaData Scientist II, Lodging Product Analytics
Expedia is striving to revolutionize the way people search and book their trips. For this mission, Lodging organization is the pioneer and focal in changing how people around the world shop and purchase travel. We're looking for a Data Scientist with strong technical skills and product mindset to join our Lodging Product Analytics team. In this role, you will team up with Lodging Shopping Product, User Experience, and Engineering teams to drive innovation in the shopping path for customers.
As a Data Scientist, you will work with one of the strongest data sets in the travel industry, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products. In this role you will be challenged to understand and give rise to many aspects of development of Lodging business, including product innovation, test and learn, strategy, business opportunity recommendation, and problem investigation.
Passion for analytics and product development & innovation is a prerequisite. Your primary focus will extend well beyond pulling the data and crunching the numbers. You will tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into relevant and actionable insights & data products. This is a full-time position based in Bellevue, Washington.
What You Will Do:
- You will identify customer behavior insights, traveler pain points and business opportunities to Product, Engineering, Marketing and Design teams to collaboratively build the best in class site for customers around the globe looking for a place to stay
- You will apply expertise in quantitative analysis, predictive modeling, data mining, and the presentation of data to influence improvements in product design and propose what to build next in the roadmap
- You will design A/B tests to optimize product performance for our travelers
- You will define key product metrics to monitor, and understand root causes of changes in metrics
- You will build models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- You will collaborate across Product, Marketing & Retail Analytics teams spreading standard methodologies for wide adoption
- You will author data pipelines & automate analyses via SQL and Spark based ETL framework
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis and providing insights
- Advanced degree (M.Sc., Ph.D. preferred) in statistics, math, computer science, economics, or related quantitative field.
- Experience with SQL, and R or Python or other data manipulation tools.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of experimentation techniques such as A/B tests
- You have experience applying modelling techniques such as linear regression, time series modeling, decision tree
- trong grasp of statistical methods (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions).
- You have the ability to make decisions and act faced with ambiguity, comfortable operating without explicit direction
- You are willing to exceed expectations and challenge business goals
- You have strong verbal, written and data visualization skills
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau or Qlikview.
- Experience using distributed computing systems (Hive/Hadoop/Spark)
- Experience mentoring junior analysts
- Experience with Web Analytics tool such as Omniture or Google Analytics
- Experience working with large-scale user behavior data
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.